What is Afrezza
Afrezza is an inhaled insulin product that was approved by the FDA in June of 2014. It is a rapid-acting insulin that is administered through an inhaler. Afrezza is indicated for the treatment of adults with type 1 or type 2 diabetes mellitus to improve blood sugar control.
Benefits of Afrezza
and Its Uses.
Afrezza is an inhalable insulin product that was FDA approved in June 2014. It is a fast-acting insulin that is taken just before meals to help control blood sugar levels in adults with diabetes.
Afrezza is not a substitute for long-acting insulin and should not be used to treat type 1 diabetes. It is not recommended for people who smoke or have recently smoked.
There are several benefits of Afrezza:
1) Afrezza is a fast-acting insulin that helps control blood sugar levels just before meals.
2) Afrezza is easy to use and does not require any preparation.
3) Afrezza is available in a pre-filled inhaler and does not require any special equipment.
4) Afrezza is not a substitute for long-acting insulin and should not be used to treat type 1 diabetes.
5) Afrezza is not recommended for people who smoke or have recently
Side Effects and Dosage of Afrezza
Afrezza is an inhalable powder insulin used to control blood sugar in adults with diabetes. It is not for use in people with type 1 diabetes. Afrezza is used with mealtime insulin.
Afrezza comes as a cartridge to be used in the Afrezza inhaler. The cartridge is inserted into the inhaler and the inhaler is primed. The inhaler is then ready to use.
To use Afrezza, the person with diabetes inserts the cartridge into the inhaler and primers the inhaler. The person then takes a slow, deep breath and holds it for 5 to 10 seconds. The person then exhales and takes another slow, deep breath and holds it for 5 to 10 seconds. The person then exhales and takes the inhaler out of their mouth. The person then waits 15 minutes before eating or drinking.
People taking Afrezza should not use any other type of insulin, including mealtime insulin.